Wednesday, July 27, 2011

#29: Raspberry Cream Pie

I love raspberries. And Oreos. So when I see a pie that brings together two of my most favorite things, I'm going to want to make it. Luckily for me, The Pioneer Woman did that, JUST for me. Have you all seen this website? It might be one of my favorites. The woman is so stinkin' creative and funny, if you have time, check it out (http://thepioneerwoman.com/). Now I bring you one of my favorite Pioneer Woman treats: Stephen said it almost rivaled the Louisiana Mud Pie I made a few weeks ago... now THAT'S saying something...

#29: Raspberry Cream Pie (as found on thepioneerwoman.com)

Ingredients:

25 whole Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
4 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
1 cup (generous) Raspberries
3 Tablespoons Sugar
2 containers (6 Ounce Each) Raspberry Yogurt
1 package (3.4 Ounce) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Extra Raspberries For Garnish

Directions:

1. To make the crust, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crust cookies in a food processor (or smash in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin). Stir in melted butter until all combined. Pour into a regular pie pan and press crumbs all over the pan and up the sides. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes---just long enough for it to set. Cool crust completely.
      - If there is any mistake I think I might've made with this particular recipe, it is that I didn't crush the Oreo cookies very completely. So, I had huge chunks of Oreo clung to the bottom of my pie when I pulled it out of the freezer... which let's be honest here, there could've been a lot worse happening. I LOVE OREOS. Last time I'm going to say it.

2. Place raspberries on a plate or in an empty pan. Smash them with a fork, then sprinkle on 3 tablespoons of sugar. Stir together and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
      - It was at this point I took off my white Bermuda shorts and threw on a pair of Stephen's basketball shorts because I don't need a pair of pink shorts. Thanks.

3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine raspberry yogurt with the instant vanilla pudding mix (just the powder itself.) Beat on low until combined, about 1 minute.
     - The Pioneer Woman herself said that the cream mixture would look atrocious at this point, and if it did, you are doing it right. She wasn't kidding:



4. Pour in heavy cream and whip on low for 30 seconds. Stop the mixer and scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. Turn mixer on medium-high speed and beat for two minutes, or until mixture is thick.

5.Turn off mixer, then fold in raspberries until just combined. Pour into cooled pie pan and spread evenly. Freeze for two hours, or until very firm. Cut into slices and top each slice with cookie crumbs, dollops of whipped cream, and extra raspberries. Keep in freezer, allowing time to thaw before serving.

There you have it: EASY. And so pretty. And so appropriate for a date night/bridal shower/girls baby shower/girls night in/mother's day... in the words of my wonderful boyfriend: "PLEASE, PUT THIS IN YOUR FAMILY COOKBOOK." Done and done, sugar.



 EAT ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment