#21: Monster Cookies (as found in Paul's copy of a Wild Strawberry Lodge Seafood and Dessert Cookbook... so I suppose he deserves a shout out too!)
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup butter
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ tsp molasses
2 tsps baking soda
1 ½ cups peanut butter
4 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
½ cup chocolate chips
½ cup candy covered chocolate candies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream sugars and butter.
-Again, for those who don't remember, to cream the butter and sugars, I throw the butter into the microwave for about 45 seconds, then mix in the sugar and brown sugar. Easy-peazy-lemon-squeezy.
3. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
4. Stir in molasses, baking soda and peanut butter, then oats, chocolate chips and candies.
5. Drop onto cookie sheet and flatten. Bake until done.
- Bake until done? Not helpful. I kept the cookies in for 11 minutes, and they came out browned and crunchy. If you want a softer cookie, I'd try around 9 minutes. At 8, they weren't quite done.
THAT'S IT! Isn't that the easiest? This is a large recipe- I think we ended up with about three dozen. Luckily, Stephen and I were headed to Rexburg right after I made these, so we were able to pass them out to his family... otherwise, I could've easily eaten the whole batch. That good. Here are some pictures taken by my "very artistic" boyfriend...