Tuesday, July 12, 2011

#21: Monster Cookies

Baking these cookies has always been something I wanted to do. Back during my Starbucks days, my friend Elyse would bake these bad boys and bring them to us to eat during our breaks. They were DELICIOUS, and pretty much full of EVERYTHING you could ever want in a cookie... peanut butter, chocolate chips, M&M's... If I had been smart, I would've demanded Elyse's recipe, but after looking throughout the internet, I FINALLY found a recipe I thought was fairly close to Elyse's (although I swear her's contained coconut, but whatevs). So Elyse, if you're reading this, let me know how I did...

#21: Monster Cookies (as found in Paul's copy of a Wild Strawberry Lodge Seafood and Dessert Cookbook... so I suppose he deserves a shout out too!)


Ingredients:

1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup butter
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ tsp molasses
2 tsps baking soda
1 ½ cups peanut butter
4 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
½ cup chocolate chips
½ cup candy covered chocolate candies

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Cream sugars and butter.
     -Again, for those who don't remember, to cream the butter and sugars, I throw the butter into the microwave for about 45 seconds, then mix in the sugar and brown sugar. Easy-peazy-lemon-squeezy.

3. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. 

4. Stir in molasses, baking soda and peanut butter, then oats, chocolate chips and candies. 

5. Drop onto cookie sheet and flatten. Bake until done.
     - Bake until done? Not helpful. I kept the cookies in for 11 minutes, and they came out browned and crunchy. If you want a softer cookie, I'd try around 9 minutes. At 8, they weren't quite done.

THAT'S IT! Isn't that the easiest? This is a large recipe- I think we ended up with about three dozen. Luckily, Stephen and I were headed to Rexburg right after I made these, so we were able to pass them out to his family... otherwise, I could've easily eaten the whole batch. That good. Here are some pictures taken by my "very artistic" boyfriend...




1 comment:

  1. Those were amazing!!! Too bad we don't live closer for all your declicious cooking adventures! It was so good to finally meet you, we need to do it again soon. If you want we can skip the singing in the car part :)
    ~Kaylee

    ReplyDelete