Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 43 and Recipe #56...

It was a pastry EMERGENCY! I needed to make a batch of cookies fast for a deserving young lady... so I found a VERY easy cookie recipe that took NO time to whip up, only used four ingredients, and was SUPER tasty. Oh my goodness. Don't take MY word for it, meet my brother:


I kinda feel like this was one of those segments that they used to put at the end of "Reading Rainbow" where the kids would recommend certain books appropriate to the theme of the episode, and they'd close with "But don't take my word for it!" and cheesy 80's segue music would come on. Anyone else feel that way? Just me?

ANYWAYS, as for my weight loss, I have been naughty. Naughty naughty naughty. And it shows. I'm up slightly from my lightest, and I am sure it's going to sky rocket some more with Valentine's Day this week. I am trying to stay positive in that even though I have been eating like C-R-A-P, I really have stayed relatively stable... which doesn't make it okay. But my muscles are getting stronger and I can stay on the treadmill for MUCH longer, so that's saying something right?

Recipe #56: Rolo Cookies (as found on sixsistersstuff.com)

Ingredients:

1 pkg. Rolo's
1 box Devils Food Cake mix
2 eggs 
1/3 c. oil

Directions:

1. Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs. Take a small ball of dough and form a ball around the rolo. (Only use enough dough to cover the rolo so it can spread through the cookie.)
     - Fun! Seriously, don't go nuts though, or you will run out of dough. This recipe made JUST enough for three batches... this is what mine looked like.



2. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes. Yields about 3 dozen.
     - Here's the goodie-goodness:



3. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
     - I did desire, and it made them all so pretty.

THAT'S IT, and they are awesome! Unfortunately, the girl I baked them for is DIABETIC... but luckily the Maxfield's enjoyed them. Thank you for taking MOST of them off my hands (again, I haven't been the greatest. I'll be good after Valentine's Day, I swear!)

No comments:

Post a Comment