Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 10: We're Cruisin' Now...

Phase 1 is complete, onto phase 2. Thank goodness phase 1 was only three days because let me tell you, it is HARD to stick to strictly protein. I was seriously craving celery sticks like crazy. Something, ANYTHING crunchy would've sufficed. Phase 2 of the Dukan is what is known as the Cruise Phase, which is the phase in which the last portion of your "serious" weight loss is supposed to occur. As of right now, I am at a flat 142 pounds, meaning over the course of the last ten days, I have lost a total of 4.6 pounds. Pretty good, if you ask me. 

Phase 2 is very similar to phase one, with the exception that I now get to incorporate non-starchy vegetables into my diet. YES! I seriously can't wait. Today I got to have egg whites with salt, pepper, hot sauce, and PARSLEY! I can't tell you how amazing it was to have something GREEN on my plate! I am concerned with the slowed down weight loss I know is going to come in this phase- basically, the goal of this section of the Dukan is to drop you down to your weight loss goal BEFORE you are able to move on to phase three. Meaning, you are STUCK eating just protein and vegetables until you are motivated enough to shed all the weight you want to shed. Now, if that doesn't make you want to move your BUTT to the gym, I don't know what will. PLEASE, do NOT let me get discouraged! I only have seven pounds to go before I hit my initial goal (although if it doesn't take long I may push myself to go further), but I'm worried that my lack of food choices are going to get me down. 

Working out has been big fun. Last week I was able to get to the gym 4 times, and so far this week I've been three, so I have remained fairly consistent. Having Jenna around as a gym buddy has been a big help. Yesterday we did cardio for around thirty minutes, then did some weight training and it was just what I needed. My thighs are SORE today. On top of that, I have the BEST zumba instructor EVER. Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you to Roberto...


And no, I'm not in the video. My greatest wish is to be in a video with him... once I'm a little more coordinated.

No comments:

Post a Comment