Sunday, November 20, 2011

#43: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies

Ugh. You should smell my house now- it smells JUST like pumpkin pie. But it's not. As an active pinner on Pinterest, I have multiple amazing recipes for pumpkin brownies, and I was DETERMINED to chug out one more variety of said treats prior to the end of the Thanksgiving holidays. Considering the next two days will be our ever-challenging-enlightening-draining-thank goodness to be over with them BEFORE Thanksgiving break-parent/teacher conferences, I decided there was no better time to bring in treats to Lori and Nichole. Especially when you consider the bunch of students we have to conference about this year- it's going to be a doozie telling some of those parents the news about their students' grades. What better way to soften the blow than with delicious fall time treats? I bring you my SECOND brownie recipe, which is just as good as the last I made for you all, and probably a little healthier.

#43: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies (as found on "Chef in Training, a blog on blogspot. URL http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/2011/09/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-brownies.html)

Ingredients:

1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips



Directions:


1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.  Line an 11″- x 7″-inch pan with parchment paper.
     - I didn't use parchment paper, but I DID use tin foil. I learned my lesson after the gigantic mess those last brownies made.

2. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs and oil until smooth.  Set aside.
    - See, look! Healthier! Only 1 tablespoon of oil, I think that's pretty good, considering all of the butter I typically use!

3. In a separate medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, spices, salt and brown sugar.  Add to the wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly incorporated.  Stir in the chocolate chips.
     - All Spice terrifies me. I've never used it prior to this recipe, and the recipe included on the bottle was for a MEATBALL recipe. I trusted the recipe, but what exactly IS all spice?

4. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.  Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until passes toothpick test.  Cool completely before cutting.

That easy, and with DELICIOUS results. I'm pretty pumped to share these guys tomorrow. Take a look at them... and I apologize ahead of time for the shotty lighting. I couldn't tell you WHY these pictures turned out the way they did...



EAT ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment