#43: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies (as found on "Chef in Training, a blog on blogspot. URL http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/2011/09/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-brownies.html)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line an 11″- x 7″-inch pan with parchment paper.
- I didn't use parchment paper, but I DID use tin foil. I learned my lesson after the gigantic mess those last brownies made.
2. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs and oil until smooth. Set aside.
- See, look! Healthier! Only 1 tablespoon of oil, I think that's pretty good, considering all of the butter I typically use!
3. In a separate medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, spices, salt and brown sugar. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- All Spice terrifies me. I've never used it prior to this recipe, and the recipe included on the bottle was for a MEATBALL recipe. I trusted the recipe, but what exactly IS all spice?
4. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until passes toothpick test. Cool completely before cutting.
That easy, and with DELICIOUS results. I'm pretty pumped to share these guys tomorrow. Take a look at them... and I apologize ahead of time for the shotty lighting. I couldn't tell you WHY these pictures turned out the way they did...