Saturday, November 5, 2011

#41: Scarecrow Crunch

This was my laziest recipe to date. In fact, I don't even know if I should it include it in a baking blog because there was literally no baking involved, let alone any effort. But for the sake of my "challenge" (which we know with my current deadlines and wedding weight loss schedule, I will NEVER meet), here comes recipe #41. I obviously love baking, and sharing the goods, and I knew I wanted to make something for my kiddos for their Halloween party. Little did I know that not only would I be missing the party for my trip to Utah, but I'd also have NO TIME to bake... thank goodness for PINTEREST. I found the easiest, adorable fall recipe, and even though my kids were BAMBOOZLED by my absence from their party, my party mom assured me one girl shouted at her- "MISS PETERS MUST REALLY LOVE US! SHE MADE US STUFF!"

#41: Scarecrow Crunch (as found on Just Make Stuff- URL http://noragriffin.typepad.com/ndg/2009/09/three-things.html)

Ingredients:

8 cups crunchy oatmeal square cereal
8 cups tiny twist pretzels
2 22-ounce bags of Autumn Mix honey candies (Albertsons was out, so I used my own personal favorite stand-in: CANDY CORN!)
4 cups Reese's Pieces
4 six-ounce boxes of Crunch and Munch
2 6.6-ounce bags of Goldfish chocolate graham crackers

Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl; serve as desired.

HA HA, that's it! So easy, but I used these adorable cellophane Halloween goodie bags with orange ribbons tied around them, and the mix looked gourmet. It clearly wasn't, but that was my little secret. This recipe easily made 26 bags of about 1 1/2 cups of the mix in each of them. If I was smart, I would've taken a picture as proof... but I'm not, so here is a picture from the website I snatched the recipe from, complete with the recipe tacked on to the bottom:



Next time, I vow to actually bake. PROMISE.

No comments:

Post a Comment